Travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions
- Cover for most medical conditions
- No age limits
Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing travel insurance cover to holidaymakers and travellers with pre-existing medical conditions.
Our travel insurance policies can cover most medical conditions up to a high level of severity, including; high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart conditions, cancer, diabetes, asthma, stroke, MS, anxiety and depression.
Since 2010 we have insured over 700,000 travellers who may have had difficulty finding travel insurance cover elsewhere due to their age or medical conditions.
Cover and Benefits
- Emergency medical expenses up to £10 million (including medical repatriation to the UK)
- 24 Hour Medical Emergency Support
- Loss of Medication up to £300
- Mobility aids up to £2500 (Silver, Gold & Platinum policies)
- Cancellation & Curtailment up to £5000 (Platinum policies)
- Personal Property up to £3000 (Platinum policies)
- End Supplier Failure included
- Cover for sports and hazardous activities available
Please read the policy wording and product information document for full details. You can access the latest versions when you get a quotation.
Travel insurance with medical conditions- Frequently asked questions
- Why do I need to declare all of my medical conditions?
- Travel insurance protects you from the risk of large medical bills if you fall ill or have an accident whilst you are away. Therefore in order to provide cover we need to have an accurate picture of your current health and medical history, which means that you need to declare all existing medical conditions.
- What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
- To be properly covered by your travel insurance for Medical Expenses and Repatriation and Cancellation or Curtailment due to illness, you must declare all of your existing medical conditions.
An existing or pre-existing medical condition is any condition which would cause you to answer yes to one of the following questions, or a previous medical condition which still has an impact on your current health.
- Have you taken any prescription medication or received medical treatment in the last 2 years?
- Have you attended a medical practitioner's surgery, hospital or clinic (out-patient or in-patient) in the last 2 years?
- Have you ever had any stress, anxiety, depression, or psychiatric condition such as eating disorders, drug or alcohol abuse or mental illness for which you have been treated or diagnosed.
- Are you awaiting any medical treatment or investigation?
- Have you been diagnosed by a medical practitioner as suffering from a terminal illness?
If your health changes between purchasing your policy and your travel date you should notify us so that we can update your policy.
- Medical conditions which are controlled by medication, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure must be declared.
- A medical condition from which you have recovered, but have still had check-ups or follow-up appointments for in the last 2 years needs to be declared.
- Conditions for which you have been prescribed medication must be declared, even if you have decided not to take the medication.
- How do I declare my conditions?
You can declare your existing medical conditions to us when you buy travel insurance online or by phone. It will only take a few minutes and in the vast majority of cases we will be able to issue cover immediately.
You will need to tell us the name of your medical conditions and then answer a series of multiple choice questions, such as how your condition has been treated and whether you have had any unplanned hospital visits in the last year - we won't need a doctor's certificate or the names of your medication.
- My travelling companion doesn't have any medical conditions; can we be insured on the same policy?
We recommend that you and your travelling companions are all covered on the same travel insurance policy, regardless of whether they have any pre-existing medical conditions.
This means that your companions will also have cover if the holiday needs to be cancelled due to your existing medical condition. If you are all insured on different policies this is unlikely to be the case.
- Why do I need travel insurance for medical conditions?
- Goodtogoinsurance.com is designed to offer travel insurance cover to people with medical conditions and their travelling companions. Many travel insurance companies do not offer cover to people with pre-existing conditions. If you, or a travelling companion do have a pre-existing condition, it is important to declare it when you get a quote. You will be asked a series of health questions, which enable you to declare your medical conditions quickly and easily. In most cases we will be able to provide a quotation to cover your conditions. It is important that you declare all of your existing medical conditions and answer the questions honestly and accurately. If you don't declare all of your conditions any claims that you make may not be paid in full, or could be declined completely.
- Can I get travel insurance with pre existing medical conditions?
- Yes. Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing travel insurance cover to holidaymakers and travellers with pre-existing medical conditions. Our travel insurance policies can cover most medical conditions up to a high level of severity, including; high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart conditions, cancer, diabetes, asthma, stroke, MS, anxiety and depression.
- When should I book travel insurance with medical conditions?
- As advised by Martin Lewis of Money Saving Expert, it's important to buy your travel insurance for pre existing medical conditions as soon as you have booked your holiday so that you are covered for cancellation if you are unable to travel. Cancellation costs can be claimed when specific circumstances such as illness of you or a close relative, being called for Jury Service or redundancy mean you are unable to travel as planned. See policy wording for the full list of circumstances where cancellation costs are covered.
- How can I get cheap travel insurance with medical conditions?
- Travel insurance with medical conditions can get pricey, particularly if the traveller is older, or has a serious illness. Whilst you can’t change your age or medical conditions, you could try visiting a different destination (if you are not travelling for a specific event like a family wedding or festival). Booking a holiday in Europe, or even in the UK or Channel Islands could be easier and more enjoyable than travelling further afield, and help you find the cheapest travel insurance with medical conditions. It is very important that you provide full and accurate information about all your pre-existing conditions, as failing to do this could leave you unable to claim.
- Do I need travel insurance for pre existing medical conditions if I have a GHIC card?
- If you are travelling to a country that has a reciprocal health agreement in place with the UK, such as the GHIC within Europe, you may get healthcare at the same cost as a local (which may or may not be free of charge). GHIC or similar agreements won’t cover your costs if you need to stay longer or require alternative transport home. That’s where medical travel insurance and repatriation cover comes in. Without it you would have to foot the bill yourself and potentially stay overseas until you are well enough to return home on a standard flight. Repatriation can mean varying degrees of support and assistance for your return journey, as deemed medically necessary, including:
- Arranging and paying for an alternative flight because you missed your pre-booked flight due to receiving medical treatment.
- Organising more than one seat on a plane because you are required to keep your leg raised or lay flat.
- Providing a stretcher if you are required to lay flat.
- Providing a medical escort to monitor your condition throughout your journey.
- Providing an air ambulance to get you back to a hospital in the UK.
- What is the best travel insurance with medical conditions?
- The best travel insurance for medical conditions is the insurance that meets your unique needs. When you get a quote, make sure you answer all questions accurately and honestly so that we can provide the right cover for you.
- What does travel insurance with existing medical conditions cover?
- Our travel insurance with medical conditions policies provide the following benefits and much more:
- 24 hour medical emergency support
- Emergency Medical expenses up to £10 million (including medical repatriation to the UK)
- Loss of medication up to £300
- Cancellation cover up to £5,000 (platinum policies)
- Personal property up to £3,000 (platinum policies)
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
- End Supplier Failure (insolvency cover) included
- Covid Cover as standard
- What countries does travel insurance for existing medical conditions cover?
- Goodtogoinsurance.com offers travel insurance for medical conditions for worldwide travel. We can only insure people who live in the UK and Channel Islands, and all trips must start and end in the UK or Channel Islands. We are unable to offer cover for any destination subject to FCDO advice against all travel, or all but essential travel.
- Where can I get pre existing medical conditions travel insurance?
- Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing travel insurance cover to holidaymakers and travellers with pre-existing medical conditions. We offer single trip, annual multi trip and cruise travel insurance, covering most medical conditions to a high level of severity, with no age limits. Get a Quote today online or by calling our customer service team on 0330 024 9949 (01279 621 662).
- How much is travel insurance with pre existing medical conditions uk?
- The price of your travel insurance is calculated based on your destinations, length of trip, the number of travellers, their ages, and medical conditions. By providing this information when you get a quote, you will see the exact cost of your travel insurance, and the cost of any additional options you would like to select, such as gadget cover or missed connection cover.
- How does medical travel insurance with pre existing conditions work?
- Buying travel insurance for medical conditions is easy with Good To Go Travel Insurance. First, get a quote on our website or by calling our customer service team on 0330 024 9949 (01279 621 662). Tell us your dates of travel, the countries you are visiting, and the details of all travellers to be covered. We will ask you for details of any pre-existing medical conditions, so please make sure you answer these questions accurately and honestly. We will give you a quote straight away, then you will have the chance to choose additional cover if needed. Once you have bought a policy, documents will be sent to you. Keep those documents with you when you travel. Emergency assistance and claims contact details will be in these documents. If you become unwell or injured on holiday, our 24/7 emergency medical assistance team will be available by phone to help you get the care you need.
Declare your medical conditions and get a quote for travel insurance now.
Goodtogoinsurance.com are proud to provide travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions.
Reviews: Single trip & annual travel insurance
* Flexible cover. Trip changes? We'll change your single trip policy to match. The new dates must be within 12 months of the original issue date. If the new trip is for a longer period or to a different destination there may be an additional premium due to increased risk.