Diabetes Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for diabetics
Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing single trip and annual travel insurance cover to diabetics. We can also cover your travelling companions on the same travel insurance policy, whether or not they have diabetes themselves.
- Travel insurance cover for all types of diabetes
- Single trip & annual travel insurance
- No upper age limit
Since 2010 we have insured over 565,000 travellers who may have had difficulty finding travel insurance cover elsewhere due to their age or medical conditions, enabling them to take the holiday they wanted with the peace of mind that they are fully covered.
Diabetes Travel Insurance Cover and benefits
Our diabetic travel insurance policies provide the following benefits and much more:
- 24 hour medical emergency support
- Medical expenses up to £10 million
- Loss of medication up to £300
- Cancellation cover up to £5,000 (platinum policies)
- Personal property up to £3,000 (platinum policies)
- Three levels of travel insurance cover available
- Scheduled Airline Failure (insolvency cover) included
- Travel Dispute Cover available
We recommend that you read the Policy Wording for full details of our diabetes travel insurance cover.
Diabetes travel insurance- Declaring your medical conditions
If you suffer from diabetes it is very important to declare it when you buy travel insurance, if you don't you could find that you are not covered when you come to make a claim.
Travel insurance acts like private medical insurance for when you are outside of the UK, protecting you from the risk of incurring large medical bills if you require medical treatment in relation to your diabetes or something else. Therefore in order to provide cover we need to have an accurate picture of your medical history.
When you get a travel insurance quote you will be asked to declare all of your existing medical conditions to us, including diabetes, this is any medical condition for which you have seen a doctor or other medical professional, taken medication or received treatment for in the last 2 years.
Our medical screening process is very easy and can be completed online or by phone in just a few minutes.
Single trip travel insurance
Our single trip travel insurance can cover all types of medical conditions including diabetes, it has no age limits and can cover a single holiday or trip of up to 94 days.
Our single trip travel insurance is suitable for all types of holidays, including short breaks, cruises, visiting family abroad and longer stays of up to 3 months.
Annual travel insurance
Our annual travel insurance can cover all types of diabetes and has no age limits. It can cover an unlimited number of trips in one year; each trip must be a maximum of 31 days.
Our annual travel insurance is suitable for travellers who travel regularly and who want the peace of mind that they have travel insurance cover in place which lasts the whole year.
Cover your travelling companions on the same policy
Your travel companions can be covered on the same diabetes travel insurance policy, whether they have diabetes or not. This is important if you have diabetes, so that your companions are covered in the event that the holiday has to be cancelled due to your condition. This is unlikely to be the case if your travelling companions buy travel insurance through another provider.
Additional medical expenses with our diabetes travel insurance
We provide extra cover which other insurers rarely include in their policies because we specialise in providing travel insurance for diabetes.
- Mobility Aids up to £2,500
Plus, if you undergo surgery abroad and have to stay in hospital for at least 5 days we will provide the following:
- Cost of a recuperation holiday up to £750
- Health examination when you return to the UK up to £500
- Cost of employing a home help or nanny up to £500
- Cosmetic surgery to correct damage caused by an accident on your trip up to £2,500
- Kennel and Cattery cover up to £500
Please read the Policy Wording for the full terms and conditions of this diabetes travel insurance cover.
Please note: The additional medical expenses detailed are only available on our Silver, Gold and Platinum policies, not our Cruise Specific products.
Declare your diabetes and get a quote for travel insurance now.
Goodtogoinsurance.com are proud to provide travel insurance for all types of diabetes.
Reviews: Single trip & annual travel insurance
* Flexible cover. Trip changes? We'll change your single trip policy to match with no admin charge. The new dates must be within 20 months of the original issue date. If the new trip is for a longer period, to a different destination or more than 12 months from the original issue date, there may be an additional premium due to increased risk.