Travel Insurance UK: Travel Cover for UK Trips
Goodtogoinsurance.com can cover holidays within the UK as well as abroad.
Whether you are travelling to a destination in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland it’s a good idea to buy UK travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday.
Our single trip travel insurance can be tailored to cover your UK holiday. Alternatively, if you purchase an annual travel insurance policy for Europe or Worldwide, it will also cover your trips within the UK.
- Cover for all types of UK holiday, including round UK Cruises
Here are 4 reasons to buy travel insurance for your UK holiday:
1. Cancellation Cover
Protect your investment against the risk of cancellation due to illness and redundancy.
As Martin Lewis says, you should buy travel insurance as soon as you’ve booked your holiday to get the maximum protection for cancellation, as you never know what’s around the corner.
Gold and Platinum policies from Goodtogoinsurance.com provide cover for cancellation up to £2000, or £5000 per person.
Our new Covid+ policies provide cover for cancellation if you, or anyone insured on the policy contract COVID-19 before you travel.
You can make a claim to recoup your holiday costs if you are forced to cancel your trip for the following reasons: (standard policies exclude anything related to COVID-19, Covid+ policies provide cover if you, or anyone insured on the policy, contract COVID-19 before you travel.)
- Illness or injury If you, a travelling companion, close relative or business associate in your home country, or the person that you are due to stay with is ill, injured or die before the trip starts.
- Redundancy If you or a travel companion are made redundant before the trip starts.
- Your home becomes inhabitable If your private dwelling becomes uninhabitable following fire, storm or flood, or your presence is required following a burglary.
- Requirements of HM Forces If your or your travelling companion is unable to travel due to requirements of HM Forces.
- Court appearance or jury service You are required for jury service or as a witness in a court of law
2. Personal Possessions
Cover for your baggage and possessions whilst you are away
Travel insurance can provide cover for personal possessions that may be lost, stolen or damaged whilst you are travelling away from home.
Gold and Platinum policies from Goodtogoinsurance.com provide cover for Personal Possessions up to £2000 or £3000 per person.
Please note: Possessions are covered up to the value of the original purchase price, less an allowance for age and wear and tear. A single article limit applies to single items, pairs or sets of items. A valuable item limit, prescription glasses limit, and laptop limit also apply.
3. Personal Liability Cover
Cover if you are legally liable for accidentally injuring someone or damaging property, including holiday rentals.
Gold and Platinum policies from Goodtogoinsurance.com provide personal liability cover up to £2 million per person. You can make a claim to recoup an amount that you are legally liable to pay as a result of an incident caused directly or indirectly by you that results in the following:
- Injury or illness of any person
- Loss or damage to property
- Loss or damage to holiday accommodation
Please note: This does not include third party motor liability.
4. Medical & Repatriation
Ok, we admit that this section of the policy is not as important as it is when you are travelling abroad, given that your medical costs will be covered by the NHS, but it is still of benefit if you do become ill or have an accident whilst you are away from home.
All policies from Goodtogoinsurance.com include cover up to £1000 per person for additional travel, accommodation and repatriation costs after a medical emergency in the UK. This can cover the additional costs for you or one other person staying with you or travelling with you where it is deemed medically necessary.
Reviews: Single trip & annual travel insurance
* Flexible cover. Trip changes? We'll change your single trip policy to match with no admin charge. The new dates must be within 20 months of the original issue date. If the new trip is for a longer period, to a different destination or more than 12 months from the original issue date, there may be an additional premium due to increased risk.