Travel insurance myth 1: Annual cover will save you money
Watch the animation to find out why single trip policies could work out better value than annual travel insurance.
Goodtogoinsurance.com specialise in providing travel insurance to travellers who may have difficulty finding cover elsewhere, either due to their age or medical history.
- All types of medical conditions can be covered
- No upper age limits
More travel insurance myths busted
- Travel insurance myth 1: Annual cover will save you money
- Travel insurance myth 2: Travel insurance is more expensive the further away you travel
- Travel insurance myth 3: I don't need to declare my medical condition
- Travel insurance myth 4: I don't need travel insurance, I have an EHIC
- Travel insurance myth 5: Travel insurance should not cost more than my holiday
Travel insurance myth 1: Annual cover will save you money: The transcript
If you want to find out why annual travel insurance doesn't always work out cheaper, but don't want to, or can't watch the video we have reproduced the transcript below
Travel insurance myth: Annual travel insurance will save you money
If you are over 65 or have existing medical conditions buying single trip travel insurance policies for specific holidays will often work out better value.
When you buy an annual policy your insurer doesn't know where you will be travelling, how many times you will be travelling or for how long, which means they are unable to accurately calculate the likelihood of you making a claim or the potential cost of that claim.
With an annual policy, you could be travelling every month, for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, to a country where medical treatment is very expensive and your insurance will be priced accordingly.
The result is, if you are over 65 or have existing medical conditions you need to be taking more than 4 or 5 holidays a year before an annual travel insurance policy becomes a cheaper option.
Therefore buying individual single trip policies which are specifically tailored to the trips you are taking could well save you money.