Top 5 cities to visit in spring
Whether you want to discover new cuisine, enjoy exquisite architecture or simply enjoy a bit of sunshine and culture we think at least one of our top 5 cities to visit this spring will hit the spot.
The capital of Austria, beloved by Mozart, home to some of Europe’s most beautiful buildings - Vienna is exquisite.
- Discover the story of Sacher torte and sample the real thing in one of Vienna’s cafes.
- Explore the Belvedere museums including one of the largest collections of work by Gustav Klimt
- Ride the ferris wheel at Prater park – a symbol of Vienna since 1897
- Head to the hills and wander through heurige (Austrian vineyards) sampling delicious Austrian wines and traditional cuisine
The birthplace of democracy, home to exceptional food and ancient culture, plus it’s just moments from glorious beaches – Athens has something for everyone.
- Visit the Acropolis – head out early to avoid the crowds and keep your eyes peeled for native tortoises on the walk up
- Explore Psyrri – former artisan quarter and now home to a warren of independent shops, food spots and cafes all centred around Iroon square.
- Visit the Greek parliament off Syntagma Square and watch the extraordinary changing of the guard
- Take the metro to discover the Athenian Riviera and dip your toes in the Aegean
Portugal’s capital is a delight for all the senses
- Take tram 28 to explore iconic neighbourhoods like Baixia and Estrela
- Wander the mediaeval streets of Alfama, listening for strains of Fado, the traditional music of Portugal, and spotting exquisitely tiled walls
- Head up to the castle for spectacular views
- Visit Belem to explore art museums, iconic sculptures and taste authentic Pastel de nata
Berlin is a feast for the senses. From music icons to food adventures this is a city you'll love to explore
- Enjoy a superb variety of food from traditional Currywurst and Sauerkraut to innovative dishes served in creative settings
- Explore the German music scene and discover the landscape that inspired some of the world's best-loved musicians from Bach to Bowie
- Visit iconic locations such as Checkpoint Charlie for a moment of reflection
The smallest city in the British Isles, St. David’s is packed with charm
- Take time to enjoy the tranquillity of St. David’s cathedral, built from unique purple-hued sandstone
- Take a trip to Ramsey Island and Skomer to enjoy the antics of puffins and other seabirds
- Walk the Pembrokeshire coast path and enjoy some of the loveliest coastlines in the British Isles
- Sample hearty food and hospitality in local hostelries
- Discover art and crafts at the Oriel y Parc gallery and visitor centre.
Travel insurance for your city break
Wherever you choose to explore on your holiday we can help you with travel insurance for your trip. Travel insurance from Goodtogoinsurance.com can cover all types of existing medical conditions and has no upper age limit.