Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions Covered
Goodtogoinsurance.com specialises in providing travel insurance for people with medical conditions. We can provide cover for most conditions, up to a high level of severity, and sometimes even a terminal prognosis.
Since 2010 we have insured over 360,000 travellers who may have had difficulty finding travel insurance cover elsewhere due to their age or medical conditions.
- Travel insurance with medical conditions covered
- Cancer, Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Conditions, Stroke
- MS, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Epilepsy
- Immediate Cover Available Online - No Need for a Doctor's Certificate
Travel Insurance Cover and Benefits
- Medical and Repatriation Cover up to £10 Million
- 24 Hour Emergency Medical Assistance
- Cover for Loss of Medication up to £300
- Cover for Mobility Aids up to £2500
- Cancellation Cover up to £5000 (Platinum Policies)
- Personal Property up to £3000 (Platinum Policies)
Making sure your medical conditions are covered
In order to obtain travel insurance with your medical conditions fully covered you will need to tell us about your medical history.
When you start a travel insurance quote you will be asked 4 questions about your health to which you will need to answer yes or no.
Have or are you:
- taken any prescription medication or received medical treatment in the last 2 years
- attended a medical practitioner's surgery, hospital or clinic (out-patient or in-patient) in the last 2 years.
- awaiting any medical treatment or investigation
- been diagnosed by a medical practitioner as suffering from a terminal illness
You will then be required to tell us about any medical conditions which cause you to answer â€˜yes' to any of those questions.
It is worth taking some time and thinking carefully at this point to make sure that you remember to declare all of your medical conditions. If you tell us about some medical conditions and not others, whether intentionally or not, your travel insurance could be invalid.
Here are some tips which will help you to declare all of your medical conditions correctly:
- Conditions which are controlled by medication, such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol, need to be declared.
- Medical conditions which you have recovered from still need to be declared if you have seen a doctor, taken any medication or received any treatment for them in the last 2 years. This includes follow-up and check-up appointments.
- It is important that you answer the questions about each medical condition fully and accurately. If you are unsure of how to answer a question you may need to contact your doctor.
It's not difficult to buy travel insurance with your medical conditions covered, just take your time, read all the questions carefully, and answer them accurately and fully.
If you need any further help or would rather speak to someone over the phone about your travel insurance requirements please call us on [[Var:Name=TelephoneQuote]].
Travel insurance and medical conditions: Our tips
- Cover everyone on the same policy, regardless of whether they have any medical conditions. This will mean that everyone on the policy is covered for cancellation and curtailment caused by an existing medical condition of one of the other insured people. (On Gold and Platinum travel insurance policies, provided that the medical condition was declared to us).
- Buy travel insurance as soon as you've booked your holiday to ensure that you have cancellation cover in place protecting the money you have paid. Cancellation cover is included on our Gold and Platinum travel insurance policies.
- If you have a number of medical conditions, or a severe condition and are worried about the cost of obtaining travel insurance, get some quotes before you decide on your holiday destination. Travel insurance for some countries, such as the USA or Caribbean, is considerably more expensive than others.
What our customers say:
Goodtogoinsurance.com launched in 2010 with the specific aim of providing travel insurance for people with medical conditions. Since then we've provided travel insurance to over 100,000 travellers with existing conditions, enabling them to take a holiday abroad safe in the knowledge that they are fully covered.
Here is what some of our customers have said:
"I was very impressed that cover was offered for my asthma at such a reasonable price."
"I had difficulty getting a good price for my travel insurance policy with my medical conditions; your site however was excellent, thank you again."
If you are looking for travel insurance cover for your medical conditions we are here to help. - Get a travel insurance quote
Independent customer reviews
We use Feefo, a completely independent third party to contact our customers and ask them how they would rate our service. All of these reviews, good or bad are published on this site. We now have reviews from 2300 customers.