Covid travel insurance: Travel insurance with covid cover
Our insurance can cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination.
Please check the latest advice before you travel. www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Cover for Covid is included on all policies, here are the details:
If you contract Covid abroad our policies provide the following cover:
- Emergency medical treatment and repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract Covid whilst abroad.
- Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid and being told to self-isolate abroad.
- Confined to your accommodation benefit (Platinum policies only)
We will pay a fixed benefit (limits apply) for every 24 hours that you are confined to your accommodation/cabin due to medical advice.
- Cabin confinement (Cruise policies only)
We will pay a fixed benefit (limits apply) for every 24 hours that you are confined to your cabin due to medical advice.
If you contract Covid before you travel, our Gold, Platinum and all levels of Cruise cover provide cancellation in the following circumstances:
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a travel companion catch Covid within 14 days of your trip starting.
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a household member have to self-isolate at home due to Covid.
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a family member are hospitalised or die due to Covid.
Important: There is no cancellation cover on silver policies.
Our policies will not provide any cover if:
Our policies do not provide cover for:
Check the latest information:
Government COVID-19 travel advice
Check the latest advice for travel and Covid-19
FCDO advice for your destination
Find out whether the FCDO is advising against travel for your destination, as well as the rules and restrictions when you arrive, including entry requirements.
Covid travel insurance: Covering a medical condition
All of our travel insurance policies provide cover for emergency medical treatment if you contract Coronavirus / Covid19 whilst abroad.
To ensure that you are fully covered for the cost of treatment for any medical emergency (not just coronavirus) whilst you are way, it is important to declare all of your existing medical conditions, even if they are controlled by medication.
Travel insurance covid over 70: No upper age limits
Goodtogoinsurance.com provides cover for emergency medical treatment if you contract Covid / Coronavirus abroad, no matter what your age.
This cover is available on single trip and annual travel insurance policies and we have no upper age limit..