Waiting List Travel Insurance
Travel insurance cover for those who are awaiting treatment or an operation
Obtaining travel insurance when you are on a waiting list can be tricky, but don’t worry, Goodtogoinsurance.com are here to help.
We can provide cover for all types of medical conditions, including when you are on a waiting list for an operation or treatment for a diagnosed condition.
You can obtain instant travel insurance cover for your holiday online or by phone. Simply tell us that you are awaiting treatment and then declare your diagnosed medical conditions.
Please note: If you are awaiting an initial diagnosis for symptoms you are currently experiencing we are unable to provide cover until you have a confirmed diagnosis.
What is covered as standard?
If you are awaiting treatment or investigation our policy will NOT provide cover for cancellation and curtailment under the following circumstances, unless you purchase our optional waiting list cover:
- you receive an appointment for treatment or investigation which conflicts with your planned trip
- as a result of the awaited treatment or investigation you become unable to travel on your planned trip.
Awaiting treatment or investigation does not affect cover whilst you are away for medical conditions which you have declared to us.
Should you become aware of a change in your diagnosis before you travel, please notify us immediately.
Additonal Waiting List Cover
Our optional Waiting List Cover provides additional cancellation and curtailment cover if you are on a waiting list for treatment or investigation for a diagnosed condition.
This means that if you receive an appointment for the awaited treatment which causes you to cancel or cut short your trip, or you are unable to travel due to the treatment, we would provide cover for the cancellation or curtailment costs up to the amount detailed in your schedule of cover.
Travel Insurance Cover and benefits
Our travel insurance policies provide the following benefits and much more:
- 24 hour medical emergency support
- Medical expenses up to £10 million
- Loss of medication up to £300
- Cancellation cover up to £5,000 (platinum policies)
- Personal property up to £3,000 (platinum policies)
- Three levels of cancer travel insurance cover available
- Scheduled Airline Failure (insolvency cover) included
- Travel Dispute Cover available
We recommend that you read the Policy Wording for full details of our cancer travel insurance cover.
Additional medical expenses cover
Specialising in providing travel insurance for those with medical conditions means that we can provide extra cover which other insurers rarely include in their policies.
- Loss of Medication up to £300
- Mobility Aids up to £2,500
Plus, if you undergo surgery abroad and have to stay in hospital for at least 5 days we will provide the following:
- Cost of a recuperation holiday up to £750
- Health examination when you return to the UK up to £500
- Cost of employing a home help or nanny up to £500
- Cosmetic surgery to correct damage caused by an accident on your trip up to £2,500
- Kennel and Cattery cover up to £500
Please read the Policy Wording for the full terms and conditions of this cancer travel insurance cover.