Hazardous Activities and Sports

Before taking part in any kind of hazardous activities on holiday, such as a hot air balloon trip, sailing or any kind of sporting or physical activity, it is vital to check whether you will be covered by your travel insurance.

If your travel insurance does not provide cover for a specific activity you will not be covered for any emergency medical treatment you may need if an accident occurs whilst you are taking part.

Goodtogoinsurance.com includes a number of activities as standard including rambling and trekking up to 2000 metres, sailing within 12 nautical miles of shore and glass bottom boat trips.

You can also upgrade your policy to include cover for more adventurous activities, such as hot air ballooning, safaris and cycle touring by adding cover for Hazardous Activities B to C (available for travellers up to age 75).

List of hazardous activities and sports which can be covered More information

Our Cover for Hazardous Activities

Adding the appropriate level of activity cover will extend the Curtailment and Medical Expenses sections of your policy to provide cover for you whilst taking part in hazardous activities for recreational purposes only, where the activity is not the sole purpose of your trip. (In this instance, sole purpose shall mean taking part in hazardous pursuits on more than 50% of the number of days of your booked trip).

No cover is provided for taking part in competitions or in any professional capacity.

Please note. You will not be covered under Personal Liability, whilst taking part in hazardous activities or sports.

For full terms and conditions and a list of all the sports and activities that can be covered please read our policy wording.

Hazardous Activity cover can be added to our Silver, Gold, Platinum or Cruise policies.