Making a Travel Insurance Claim for Curtailment
If you've started your trip and you have to curtail it (cut it short) and return earlier than planned due to unforeseen circumstances, you may be able to make a claim on your travel insurance policy with goodtogoinsurance.com.
Curtailing my trip. What am I covered for?
The curtailment section of the policy covers you if you have to cut short your holiday or trip by returning home early for various specific reasons. You can claim reimbursement for:
- The unused part of the travel and accommodation services you booked, based on a pro-rata proportion of these services you have lost, and
- Reasonable travelling expenses to return home
When can I make a claim for curtailment?
You can make a claim for curtailment of your holiday if you need to return home early under the following circumstances:
- Ill health- if you or a member of your party falls ill or has an accident
- A close relative in UK dies or falls seriously ill
- A close business associate dies or falls seriously ill
- Your house or place of business being burgled or rendered uninhabitable (e.g. by flooding or fire)
- You or a travelling companion losing their passport or having it stolen
- You are in the armed forces or emergency services or civil service and are ordered by your commanding officer or boss to return to work.
What documentation do I need to support my claim?
In the case of illness including that of a non-travelling relative, you will need a medical certificate. If you cancel for other reasons, what you need to provide varies according to the cause. Please read the policy for full details.
This summary is meant to be a general guide to assist you. The full terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in our Policy Wording which represents the contract between you and the insurers.