Great News: UK travellers to the Eurozone get 15% more for their money
The pound has hit another high against the Euro, reaching 1.2745 euros on Monday. This is great news for UK travellers heading to the Eurozone this summer who will now be getting 15% more for their money than they were a year ago.
This is a fantastic exchange rate compared to 3 years ago when some foreign exchange counters we giving less than one euro to the pound. Holiday makers can now get buy euros on the high street at rates of about 1.21, plus there are also deals of over 1.24 euros to the pound online – so it pays to shop around.
The current favourable exchange rate is making holidays to Europe, within the Eurozone, great value for UK holiday makers this summer despite the continued economic uncertainty and debt crisis.
Wherever you decide to travel this summer, whether it is within Europe or beyond the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise you to buy comprehensive travel insurance every time you travel.
The FCO are also reminding travellers this summer to declare any pre-existing medical conditions when they buy travel insurance. Declaring your medical conditions when you buy travel insurance will ensure that you are properly covered by your travel insurance should you fall ill before you travel and need to cancel your holiday, or fall ill whilst you are away and require emergency medical treatment.
Get a quote for travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions >>
- 07/05/2013Sun Awareness Week: How to check your skin for signs of cancer
- 07/05/2013World Asthma Day: Holidays and travel insurance for Asthmatics
- 30/04/2013MS Week: 60% of Multiple Sclerosis patients missing out on licensed drugs
- 24/04/2013Allergy Awareness week: Travel insurance cover for allergies
- 19/04/2013Study suggests screening could predict nearly half of deadly prostate cancer cases